Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bring it on, Santa.


"In the meadow we can build a snowman... and pretend that he's a circus clown... we'll have so much fun with mister snowman... until the other kiddies knock him down..."

It's Christmas time!! 

So we got our first snowfall a couple of weeks ago... and it was so soft & pretty I insisted we go get our christmas tree. Of course they sell them all wrapped up so you never really get any idea of the size of the tree until it's in your living room all thawed out. Lets just say that last year I was disappointed because our tree was too small... and I wasn't going to make the same mistake again. Oops. 




Needless to say the tree is a little large. But we love it. 




So the tree is up... lights are glowing... Santa's coming. And I have to do my christmas baking. It goes a little something like this...


Saturday... make the dough
Sunday... bake
Monday... bake
Tuesday... decorate
Wednesday... finish decorating & package.


It looks a little something like this...















MMMMM... YUM. Time for a gingerbread latte...

6 comments:

sbsterling said...

I so love cookies topped with cheese. :) they look fabulous!!!

Stephanie said...

I had to come look at these again. How do you do the icing on the sugar cookies. Do you pipe an outline all around and then flood the icing in? Did you make the icing yourself? Do you have any idea what my kitchen would look like if I ever attempted a cookie baking marathon of such epic proportions? Disaster. They look so yummy.

Coco said...

It's royal icing... made very easily by myself. Then you either paint it on with a brush or go the quicker route and just dip the top of the cookie in the icing and brush off the excess... then you just sprinkle whatever on top & let it dry. Then you eat the left over icing with a spoon.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Stephanie said...

I made royal icing but I only piped it on. I have no idea why I didn't think of dipping the cookies in... der. Next year I'm doing that for sure.

Holly said...

OMG! You're running a cookie factory out of your house!?! Amazing cookies - looks like a lot of work but a lot of fun too. A very merry Christmas to you and your family. Xx

p.s. sweet tree ;)

L'il T said...

**I think I just had a cookie orgasm** WoW!!!